Hello, Dear Reader & Fellow Explorer!
My name is Konstantina and I’ve been exploring Europe, America and (less of) Asia pretty much since I turned 16. I recently decided that all these stories and photos need an online home to live in and started collecting them on this blog.
I travel with my boyfriend Stef: across Bulgaria, the Balkans and Europe. We often have our trips on a motorbike and although we can stay at nice hotels most of the time we deliberately choose not to because we prefer to go camping and explore gorgeous outdoor destinations.
I believe travelling is as much about internal journeys, as it is about external ones, so I leave the practical tips and maps at the end of my posts and focus on the stories, the people, special atmosphere and culture of a destination. Each new journey teaches you something: about you and about other people. In some sense: you never visit the same place twice, because each time you experience it in a different way.
Some quick facts:
- Bulgaria is my home country: it is a place with wonderful nature and some unexpectedly lovely destinations off the beaten path
- I love photography: images combined with stories are my way of conveying the special atmosphere of each destination I visit
- I travel light: my clothes, camera and extra pairs of sneakers/ballerinas should all fit within a backpack. The last few times when I used real suitcases was when I was moving to live in in the US and in Italy…
- ...But it is never light enough. When we travel on motorbike there should always be a way to bring less luggage and just keep it simple
- I simply love Scandinavian countries and wish I had more time to take up Swedish language lessons. For the time being, I am stuck at Thank you (Tack) and Cheers (Skål)- important words to know in any language
- I’m a foodie and I really enjoy trying strange (and spicy!) local food (and then I try cooking it at home 🙂 )
- Beer fan: especially when it comes to Trappist, Weiss and Craft beer
- I take photos and collect memories during my trips but I prefer to leave social media sharing for later. As much as I enjoy the posts of people who lifestream stories on the go: I prefer to live in the moment and then recollect and share it later.
If there is anything you would like to ask: feel free to contact me and leave your comments on the blog. Wishing you a wonderful time during your travels!